All about Mobile, Web, Technology, Politics, Security, E-Commerce and Living in the Philippines.

Sunday, September 14, 2008

I'm Godie, the Jack-Of-All-Trades

I seldom post my personal thoughts here these days but here goes...

When I was a child I use to watch MacGyver, a TV series that featured a laid back secret agent that uses ingenious solutions to get out of sticky-situations. The thing that fascinates me about the show is the scientific explanations behind those solutions and the protagonist carries a Swiss Army Knife that aids him in all situation. That's when I decided to be just like that.

No.No.. Not be MacGyver... be the Swiss Army Knife! :D

Since then I strived not be an expert at one thing but be the best on everything, a Jack-Of-All-Trades; after all most of time you wont need an in-depth understanding of how things work. Some times its more important how it affects other things that's what you're after. For example right now we don't really know how gravitational force is created. only theories, but we all know it's effects and how to use them to our advantage.

Which brings me to this in front of me:

1 Asterisk on CentOs, 1 Win2003 Servers, 6 SPA3102, 4 Trunklines, 1 Cisco Switch, 2 SonicWall Router, 1 LinkSys Wifi, 1 Juniper Firewall... Yup, I'm busy X_X

So for the past month I've been monkey-ing around every aspects of security, software and network designs. Then implementing it -- I did all the cables, racks, power load balancing, and writing new applications to automate and manage them. Now only if I did study carpentry then I could say I did it all. Well I guess that's what I must do to start my 3rd company. I think its doing everything from ground up that entices me to start-ups and knowing for years to come a lot of people will need to rely on things I've done now that if it goes well then I did a great today -- 3rd's a charm I guess. So watch out for us soon because were gonna be kicking asses :D

BTW, regarding the title; its complete form is "Jack of all trades, master of none, though often better than a master of one" which is used by us hackers to describe ourselves and mock those so-called experts :D

0 comments:

Related Links