Today I'm unveiling the most anticipated hack for Google Voice which I have shared during the 1st Google Technology Users Group Philippines (GTUG PH) meet-up.
Here are the steps:
- Get Gizmo account from Gizmo5.com, take note of your Gizmo SIP number.
- Download and install the Gizmo for windows app.
- Sign-up for IPkall.com number and use the following details details:
- Account type = SIP
- SIP phone number = Gizmo SIP number (no spaces,dash,parenthesis)
- SIP proxy = proxy01.sipphone.com
Note: takes about 3 days to be approved, you will receive an email
with your new US number. This will give you already an incoming call capability but no free outgoing calls, we need Google Voice for that.
- Reserve Google Voice account at http://voice.google.com, it takes about 5 days to get an invite.
- AFTER receiving both the IPkall Number and Google Voice invite,
Download UltraSurf from http://www.ultrareach.com/. You will need this to register for Google Voice since only US IP is allowed.
- Login to Gizmo5 desktop app then use UltraSurf proxy and sign-up for Google Voice account using invite link sent to your email.
- Use your IPkall US number when prompted by Google Voice.
- Confirm you have a US phone number by receiving a call on Gizmo5 app, type the security code from Google Voice site using the Gizmo5 app's dial pad. Just keep repeating to input the security code (usually 1 to 2 digits) with a short pause
between attempts until it hangs up.
- Google voice will recognize the code and redirects the page to your
- Configure Gizmo5 call forwarding at http://my.gizmo5.com settings, select
option "If no answer on Gizmo5, ring elsewhere (Call Hunting)" and
forward it your Gtalk account. Exit Gizmo5 desktop app.
- Using http://voice.google.com site call Google 411 at +18004664411, it
will ring your Gtalk, accept and hear the tone ringing as it call the
GOOG411 number. When you are able hear GOOG411 voice prompt then it
means you have successfully configured Google Voice Hack and you will
be able to make US calls for free and receive calls via GTalk.
I have not fully understood the Google Voice TOS but IMHO this hack basically fulfills all the requirements so you should be a legit user.
Feel free to send me feed backs!