All about Mobile, Web, Technology, Politics, Security, E-Commerce and Living in the Philippines.

Sunday, December 24, 2006

How SEO should not be: Bizzare Google Request

Dean Hunts Blog is taking a beating as more and more bloggers flock to his blog site after he posted a hilarious email from some company guy with a very strange request.

The Email reads as follows:

Hello Dean,

My name is [edited] and I run [edited].com

I have been running the site for over two years and we have been ranked very highly for the search term [edited].
On Thursday morning I checked our google positions and your site is now above us for this term. I haev checked your blog and it has nothing to do with [edited], so I think it would be best all round if you remove your blog from google for this search term.

Please understand that we make our living from this, and you are just writing a blog that has nothing to do with [edited].
If you do not remove yourself from google for this search, then I will call them myself and have you removed.
I expect a reply soon.

Thankyou.

Track more of this at Dean's Blog

0 comments:

Related Links